0.8.1 is Atmosphère's eighth official release.
fusee-primary was last updated in: 0.8.1.
The following was changed since the last release:
- A bug was fixed causing users to see Failed to enable SMMU! if fusee had previously rebooted.
- This message will still occur sporadically if fusee is not launched from coldboot, but it can never happen twice in a row.
- A race condition was fixed in Atmosphere bis_protect functionality that could cause NS to be able to overwrite BCT public keys.
- This sometimes broke AutoRCM protection, the current fix has been tested on hardware and verified to work.
- Support was added for enabling debugmode based on the exosphere section of BCT.ini:
- Setting debugmode = 1 will cause exosphere to tell the kernel that debugmode is active.
- Setting debugmode_user = 1 will cause exosphere to tell userland that debugmode is active.
- These are completely independent of one another, allowing fine control of system behavior.
- Support was added for nogc functionality; thanks to @rajkosto for the patches.
- By default, nogc patches will automatically apply if the user is booting into 4.0.0+ with fuses from <= 3.0.2.
- Users can override this functionality via the nogc entry in the stratosphere section of BCT.ini:
- Setting nogc = 1 will force enable nogc patches.
- Setting nogc = 0 will force disable nogc patches.
- If patches are enabled but not found for the booting system, a fatal error will be thrown.
- This should prevent running FS without nogc patches after updating to an unsupported system version.
- An extension was added to exosphere allowing userland applications to cause the system to reboot into RCM:
- This is done by calling smcSetConfig(id=65001, value=<nonzero>); user homebrew can use splSetConfig for this.
- On fatal error, the user can now choose to perform a standard reboot via the power button, or a reboot into RCM via either volume button.
- A custom message was added to fatal for when an Atmosphère API version mismatch is detected (2495-1623).
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 0.8.0, please see the official release notes.