As usual, Rogero offers a very regular follow of its custom firmwares now offering a version 1.02 of its CFW 4.40 CEX. This CFW requires the console to be in 3.55 OFW, CFW 3.55, CFW 4.21 or CFW 4.30 and to fulfill certain criteria mentionned below. It must be installed carefully following the tutorial, otherwise there is a high possibility of .brick.
**UPDATE 30 mars 03h12** : New version : CFW Rogero 4.40 CEX v1.02 ReactPSN patch fixed
Size: 193 MB (202,891,027 bytes)
Rogero seems to have tested this CFW on a lot of consoles, but it is essential to know that LS is not responsible for any brick of your console due to a possible bug not listed, or a bad installation on your part.
- v1.00 (initial build)
- v1.01 (private beta build)
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40 with the spkg patch.
- Added the Cinavia Patched Video Player to disable the Cinavia Protection on HDD based content.
- Added the needed patches for the Original "*Install Package Files" Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
- Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
- Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
- QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same but it's not recommended.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.40 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
- The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers using the new tool "PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04".