Informations sur le fichier
- Date d'ajout: juil. 24 2009 13:36
- Dernière mise à jour: juil. 24 2009 13:36
- Taille du fichier: 2,35 Mo
- Nb. de visualisations: 171
- Nb. de téléchargements: 80
Télécharger OZXflash v1.2
OzXChip & Team OzX
(based on Andy Green's Raincoat)
21st March 2003
As a worldwide first we have packaged the OzXFlash software (based on Andy Green's Raincoat) which allows the OzXChip to be shipped in a completely legal form. By using the Cromwell Linux bios and the freely downloadable OzXFlash software you can flash your OzXChip with your bios of choice without the need to plug a programmer and modchip into your PC. The Cromwell Linux bios is now programmed onto all OzXChips as standard.
This OzXFlash software has only been tested with the OzXChip (http://www.ozxchip.com), OzXFlash will support other modchip devices but use it at your own risk. Please read all instructions fully before attempting to use this software as incorrect usage may leave your XBox unusable and will require your modchip to be flashed with an external programmer.
How to use OzXFlash
Step 1 - Creating the OzXFlash CD
(This step can be avoided by purchasing the OzXFlash DVD from http://www.ozxchip.com)
- Download the OzXFlash CD from the downloads section of this website and using WinZIP or any compatible extraction tool extract the ozxflashcd.iso file.
- Using your CD Burner software burn the ISO image file in UDF format in Disc-at-once mode and ensure the CD is finalized. We recommend ahead Nero.
Your OzXFlash CD should now be ready for use!
Step 2 - Creating the Bios CD
- Ensure that the bios file you wish to use is a 256k bios file.
- Make a copy of the bios file you wish to use and rename this copy to bios.bin
- Burn the bios.bin file onto a CD.
(If you have trouble reading this CD in your XBox add a file of several megabytes in size to the CD)
Step 3 - Running OzXFlash
- Turn your XBox console ON and then follow the instructions that are displayed on screen.
You will notice that the OzXFlash contains many pauses during its operation, this is by design and is to allow the DVD-Rom drive to mount the CD correctly as the XBox's DVD-Rom drives are very fussy when it comes to media compatibility.
- When the flashing procedure is complete the DVD-Rom tray will eject, remove the CD from the tray and the console will shutdown.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All Consoles should have the cover installed when booting Cromwell to ensure air flow is maintained. Boot problems and video fragmentation have been identified when the console heats up if the cover is not fitted!
If you experiance problems with media compatibility checkout http://www.ozxchip.com/cdmedia.htm
Please ensure you read the disclaimer at http://www.ozxchip.com/disclaimer.htm
This release of OzXFlash has been tested on both V1.0 and V1.1 XBox consoles, the current OzXFlash release requires a bios file to be burnt onto a seperate CD. Although work is currently in progress to allow for a bios selection menu as well as downloading of bios files from ftp and web servers.
- The Cromwell Linux bios ver 1.8 requires the use of a standard AV cable as supplied with your console.
- Video fragmentation may occur in some circumstances and is an error with the Cromwell 1.8 bios. This fragmentation does not cause any errors and is cosmetic only.
- Although not tested by Team OzX, Raincoat has support for the following flash/eeprom AMD - Am29F080B, FUJITSU - MBM29F080A, Hynix - HY29F080ST - M29F080A, SST - SST49LF020 and Sharp LHF08CH1.
The Mad Maragan (The_Mad_M) and OzShadow of Team OzX for designing and testing OzXFlash
Wilber Washbucket for many sleepless hours packaging and scripting OzXFlash
Andy Green & all the XBox Linux team for Raincoat which OzFlash is based on, the Cromwell bios and the XBox Linux OS and for all their help with the compilation of OzXFlash.
Rattle & FlexyZ - For submitting OzXFlash with new version Raincoat included.
V1.2 - Added compatibility for Sharp LHF08CH1
- Tested compatibility with Cromwell V1.18 bios
- Tested support for HD & Advanced AV Packs under Cromwell V1.18 bios
V1.1 - Added compatibility for Cromwell v1.8 bios
- Added credit to Andy, Ed & Linux guys in program intro
V1.0 - Original Release of OzXFlash