The Cobra team, despite what is happening right now in terms of free solutions, is still persisting by offering a new version of the launcher for the PSX Cobra dongle, mainly correcting a region problem between PAL and NTSC games. It seems that the team focuses more on small concerns, rather than correcting his CFW fed with bugs.
For the more adventurous, Cobra releases its .pkg that just will need to be installed on CFW Cobra to fix bugs reported. Nfo of Origin:
Some users have reported problems with some PAL ps1 games on NTSC systems and viceversa.
It is a bug that only affects a portion of users. This package solves those problems.
after selecting a ps1 game of different TV system wtith mmCM, launch
the included application instead of starting the ps1 game with the disc
If the game is of your TV system or if you don't have this
problem at all, we recommend to play the game using the disc icon, as
always, as it is expected to have bigger compatibility.
Télécharger PSX Launcher
Since a few days, an interesting information regarding PSP on PS3 has come out. After having the opportunity to pass our PS2 games over the PS2 Classic format, it is the turn of Sony to be able to run on Playstation 3 via the "Minis". A simple method is likely to emerge soon, the complicated method is available at à cette adresse. Small precision: only DEX consoles can run them so far (Thanks Markus for the info).
For now not all the games are compatible, and nothing says if the method will be improved to make more games compatible. Still, the feat is free, and no longer requires Cobra dongle to work.
As usual, Rogero offers a very regular follow of his custom firmwares by offering today a version 1.03 of his CFW 4.40 CEX. This CFW requires that the console is either on OFW 3.55, CFW 3.55, CFW 4.21, CFW 4.30 or 4.40 CFW and satisfies certain criteria set below. It must be installed carefully following the tutorial, otherwise you'll expose yourself to the possibility of higher brick.
This CFW includes ToolBox/StealthMAN and ReactPSN as well as a better management of consoles equipped with absent or defective Blu-Ray drive.
Size: 194 MB (203,484,947 bytes)
- This CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over OFW3.55 or any CFW ver: 3.55/4.21/4.30/4.40
- Added the needed patches for the Original "*Install Package Files" Credits to Szalay and "hidden Man".
- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW will re-install without any problem.
- Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support.
- Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support.
- QA Flag enabled by default to allow for easier downgrading using Recovery Menu.
- RSOD screen bypass patch for RSOD machines (it won't fix the RSOD but allows the PS3 to boot fine into XMB)
- PSN/SEN access is available but it's not recommended.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.40 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed.
- The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers using the new tool PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher v0.04
- Rebuilt the CFW with minimal patches needed for similar OFW Stability, also adding full compatibility with multiMAN Tools.
- All known issues from v1.02 are fixed now (XMB PS2 Game Saves, Sequential Video Playback, Media Server always on)
-Removed Cinavia Patch used on v1.02 because of some compatibility
issues (When DEX4.40 is public it will be added properly again)
- Added the ToolBox to [app_home/PS3_GAME] to restore multiMAN/StealthMAN launch mode from ToolBox.
-Updated the ReactPSN patch to work offline without the need to log into
PSN at all (Credits for Team Rebug for their 4.30.1 Patch)
- Added both noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
This CFW is still fresh, if you install it, be sure to dump your flash and carefully follow the installation tutorial. In addition, the risk of bricks is always present so be careful. In any case Logic-Sunrise can not be held responsible for damages that your console may have !
TO KNOW :
1- This CFW has the LV1 checks disabled and therefore can be installed on a downgraded PS3, even if the console has been dehashed, so the Reset Syscon has not been made.
2- Always make a backup of your NOR/NAND using Multiman, from memdump, of Preloader Advance, etc.. before installing any CFW, so you have a backup to restore in case of brick.
Having a valid dump of NOR/NAND is an essential step before the update because it will allow you to always have a way to restore your flash (with hardware flashers).
** A hardware flash on its own, without valid dump, can not repair a brick of PS3 **
3- Always check that MD5 from the download PUP file correspond to the one in the news before installing any CFW, to avoid any risk of brick.
4- DON'T LEAVE A DISC IN THE PS3 WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE. If so, the PS3 will firstly look for the update on the disc.
5- You need to be on OFW 3.55 or on CFW 3.55/CFW 4.21/CFW 4.30/CFW 4.40 to install this
CFW. It's simply impossible to do it from any official 3.56+ firmwares.
Update from a OFW 3.55/CFW 3.55/CFW 4.21/CFW 4.30/CFW 4.40 over CFW Rogero 4.40 v1.03 :
- Download the file.
- Rename the PUP as "PS3UPDAT.PUP" if it has not been done and copy it on a USB key format FAT32 with the following tree:
- Once on your PS3 on OFW 3.55/CFW 3.55/CFW 4.21/CFW4.30/CFW 4.40, go to "system update" of XMB and install the CFW Rogero 4.40 v1.03.
- Once done it, you'll be on CFW Rogero 4.40 v1.03.
CFW Rogero 4.40 CEX v1.03 avec ToolBox/Steal
The team 3k3y announced yesterday the upcoming availability of a new hardware which will support the drives with 20xx series, the ultimate goal being to make it compatible with all series of consoles, coupled with different daughterboards.
Nothing says now when this new version will be available, nor any news about the key dump on newer consoles.
Still waiting for a real hack on the Playstation Vita from SONY, we were expecting the new version of the VHBL, that was made compatible with a new exploit discovered on the game Overkill Apache. Our wait ended yesterday, when the developer Wololo has finally released the files to launch the Vita Half Byte Loader!
As a reminder, if you do not follow the news, VHBL is a program that, when run on a console, can launch all kinds of homebrew originally programmed on PSP. This discovery gives you the opportunity to enjoy PSP a bit more by launching emulators, media players or independent games like the excellent Wagic.
1) First of all, download backup changed of the game in question directly on the official website.
Then extract the archive to the folder where your backups are stored PSP
(recall: run the application CMA and locate the line "PSP Saved Data" to find the path.).
2) Run the Content Manager Assistant (CMA) and then connect your PS Vita on your PC.
3)Go back to your PS Vita in The content manager (PC mode> PS Vita) and scroll until arriving in the Applications and then the saved data and finally the saved data from the PSP.
4) Select "Copy", confirm the action and wait a few seconds until the operation is complete.
5) Perfect ! Files are ready, time to run everything !
1) Launch the game first and then wait until you get to the main menu. Instead of starting the game normally, go to the High Score menu.
2) Few lines of codes appear. Wait a few moments ...
Congratulations, you have successfully run the VHBL!
Installation of homebrews :
1)Firstly make sure you have the folder containing all the files from the homebrew.
Right-click on the folder and select "Add to archive".
Be sure to choose the mode "Uncompressed" and name the file
newly created install.zip.
2) Then copy this archive to the backup folder of a PSP game (different from Apache Overkill).
If you don't have any others, go here ici.
3) Then copy this backup to your PS Vita with CMA.
4) Then run VHBL. Navigate to the folder PSP then SAVEDATA to select the game previously installed (if the game in question is "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories" open the file with that name).
The VHBL will then install the files needed for the run of the homebrew. Wait.
5) the homebrew installed, you can now run it in the menu and enjoy it !
While DeanK is working hard on his manager MultiMan, Estwald (Hermes) and D_Skywalk have well decided to improve the manager origninally developed by Hermes: Iris Manager. Although currently less complete than MultiMan, Iris Manager is still improving pretty quickly and has the advantage of being completely open source because it is based on the PSL1GHT library .
In this update, there is mainly a major bug fix:
- Offset fix in the payload strcpy lv2 MLT 4.40 (major bug)
-Changed explore_plugin fix to show the drive icon and the error occuring during a patch on the CFW 4.40 of Miralatijera
Télécharger Iris Manager 2.22b
After a long and terrible wait, technicians with a 1.2 ProgSkeet will FINALLY be able to give a tool to this universal programmer for NOR and NAND. Finally, because only the bravest or the luckiest of them were able to successfully reflash the NOR memories. This was due to a bad bitstream which just made the product unusable ... and technicians crazy.
Aware of the importance of bringing the user to reason, a member of the team ProgSkeet, uf6667, has released a new bitstream which seems to correct problems that occurred during the writing of NOR. For this, the bit sequence is encoded so that the ProgSkeet 1.2 will behave the same way as the chip in its revision 1.1.
Bitstream ProgSkeet v1.2 130330
Developer Rogero, famous for his CFW and his manager, gives us a new version of its excellent application. As its name suggests, it offers the opportunity for users to apply very easily patches (needed for the console downgrade or console unbrick and appropriate to the type of dump detected) to their NOR and NAND dumps .
One of the biggest benefits of this program lies in the fact that once the dump patched is injected, it is not necessary to enter into Factory Service Mode to downgrade the system; installation of the firmware via the recovery is sufficient.
Message from the author:
initial release v0.01
PS3 Nor and Nand Auto Patcher 0.04
According to Neimod, hacker known on the 3DS scene, it seems that the 3DS 5.0.0-11 update is not recommended for anyone wishing to access the pleasures of the hack in a software way (without hardware modification). In fact, Nintendo has patched the vulnerabilities discovered by the hacker. He tells us that the latest firmware secure so far remains 4.5.0-10 for any changes.
Note that a majority of linkers are nevertheless still functional, provided to update their firmware in some cases.
Here is the message from Neimod:
NATIVE_FIRM and other titles
NATIVE_FIRM and the whitelist were updated. NGWord and the NZone hotspots title were updated as well.
Multiple NATIVE_FIRM code execution vulnerabilities were fixed,
this includes all known NATIVE_FIRM code execution vulns at the time
when the update was released. The system does not delete/block 3DS
savegame haxx at all with this update, however the code execution haxx
used by this was fixed.
The system can now optionally load the CXI logo from a cleartext region in the CXI instead of from ExeFS.
Spewfr offers a convenient tool for PS2 gamers who want to enjoy their games on PS3: PS2 ISO to XMB Conversion Command-Line GUI. As its name suggests, with a relatively simple interface, this little app will convert a PS2 ISO directly compatible with your PS3 so that you can run it directly through the XMB without using Multiman, or whatsoever. To use it:
1. Place the icons in the Pictures folder.
2. Start PS2iso2pkg.exe.
3. Enter the Game ID of your PS2 game.
4. Enter the title of your PS2 game.
5. Follow instructions on the screen.
6. Wait for the 9 steps to be performed.
7. Copy "exdata" and "packages" folders on an external drive.
8. Install the PKG of your game.
9. Install and run reActPSN included in the folder.
10. Play !
PS2 ISO to XMB Conversion Command-Line GUI v1.0 Beta